GDPR Website Customer Privacy Notice
The Dene Lodge Residential Care Home has reviewed and amended its policies and working practices to ensure compliance with the enhanced data protection laws, the General Data Protection Regulations ("GDPR").
Policy key definitions:
- "I", "our", "us", or "we" refer to the business, (The Dene Lodge Residential Care Home).
- "you", "the user" refers to the person(s) using this website.
- ICO means Information Commissioner's Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a user's computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically from website use, using the following lawful bases:
- The Contact Form - The information collected via the form simply allows us to reply to you/answer any questions, etc.
- When you submit an enquiry or contact form, or telephone, through viewing or using our website, we will begin processing the personal data that you provide to us, in order to answer your query and provide you with relevant information about the care services we provide.
- If you enter the recruitment process, your personal data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection and Recruitment and Selection policies in our Staff Handbook, in order to consider and progress your application and suitability for employment.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows:
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You may obtain further information from the ICO [www.ico.org.uk]. We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
If you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data, you may contact the General Manager as our designated Data Controller and Data Protection Officer at The Dene Lodge Residential Care Home.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. To learn more about cookies, you can visit www.aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to block and delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile device you will need to refer to your device manual.
Cookies that we use are:
CQC Registration Widget - These cookies are set by the Care Quality Commision's rating widget. We are required to display this on our site.
How we use the information
If you, or your relative, are considering using the services of our care home, we will use the information you provide to contact you and offer you further information. You can ask us to stop contact with you at any time.
We may also use the information you supply to forecast demand for any residential vacancies we have or may have in the future. Any statistics generated are for internal management purposes only and will not disclose your identity. We do not undertake any automated decision-making for any purposes
If you are enquiring about working for us, we will use your information to provide you with details of current or future vacancies, and our application process.
Who we share information with
We do not share website information with any third parties (other than the website host/provider for the maintenance of this service), or use the website and personal information submitted to undertake direct marketing by email or any other means. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties in any circumstances unless we have your permission.
We are not responsible for the availability or content of external sites that may be linked to this website, with or without our permission. If you find a broken link, or if you have any questions or concerns about a link, please contact us.
How long we keep information
Your enquiry will stay live on our internal computer system until it is dealt with, or because you have told us that you no longer wish to hear from us, or you (or your relative) has confirmed a place within our care home; or if seeking employment you have entered or withdrawn from the recruitment process.
Notification of changes