Our Facilities & Care Plans
We provide accommodation for married couples and single persons for either long or short (respite) periods of time.
The accommodation is laid out over three floors accessible by two lifts. Choice of either traditional or modern rooms.
The Lounge, main Dining Room and Conservatory overlook the landscaped gardens and the hills of Exmoor.
Good food is one of the greatest pleasures in life. That is why the meals we serve are freshly prepared daily, the cook is skilled in meeting our residents' dietary requirements, our cooks believe in producing tasty, nutritious, beautifully presented food.
Residents can choose from daily menus – including breakfasts ranging from a variety of cereals to fresh fruit, fantastically varied lunches and a range of hot or cold suppers.
We also freely provide a range of drinks for residents and their guests, throughout the day – and are more than happy to provide friends and family with meals on request.
Over the years we completed a major expansion program incorporating 'The Exmoor Wing' which features six further rooms with a high specification for residents who require additional one to one personal care.
Our Care Facilities
All staff receive on-going training in dementia and have the skills to help people make informed choices about living each day in a way that is tailored around individual need, activity and stimulation. In-house training is given to all staff who are encouraged to undertake QCF qualifications in health and social care.
We have the most up to date equipment including:
- Otex (Ozone Disinfections Laundry system);
- State of the art bathrooms (Exmoor Wing), all designed with automatic toilet;
- Flushing systems designed with safety and hygiene in mind;
- Movement sensitive lighting & extraction fans;
- Security conscious devices for the safety of residents;
- Four specialist seating pressure reliving portable chairs with tilt and protection against pressure sores;
- Movement censored Pressure mats;
- Electric profiling beds in all rooms.