Our activities team play a key role in our home and work alongside our care assistants helping people to keep engaged, active and participating by facilitating things to do and to be involved with throughout the day.
The Dene Lodge is designed to create a peaceful, harmonious atmosphere where residents are supported to make the most of each day. Staff are trained, supported and supervised to help each resident with choices about living in a way that helps them get the best from each day.
The Dene Lodge offers a range of activities including:
- Time awareness and seasonal crafts;
- Stimulating the senses with colours, fragrances and textures;
- Practical crafts to stimulate the hand/eye co-ordination such as flower arranging, bookmarks, Knitting and sewing
- Seed sowing and gardening;
- Tours and outing to places of interest and gentle walks in the local parks;
- Shopping excursions and Garden centre visits
- Games, films and music session
- Visitors to the home include: Music therapy, pet therapy and the local children’s playgroup
Relatives and friends of residents can email them on email@example.com. Skype is also available for face to face video chatting!